Fatema, a newborn born on the road after being hit by a truck in Trishal, is now in Azimpur Chhota Moni Shishu Nivas role of UNO is commendable

Anwar Sadat Jahangir, Mymensingh: In a much talked about and tragic way, the newborn Fatima, who was born on the road after being hit by a truck in Trishal, Mymensingh and miraculously survived, has been sent to Azimpur Chhota Moni Shishu Nibas in the capital Dhaka. The child was sent to Dhaka Azimpur Shishu Nibas by car from Mymensingh Medical College Hospital around 11 am on Friday (July 29) and was handed over at 2.30 pm. Earlier at around 10 am, Deputy Director of Mymensingh Medical College Hospital Wayez Uddin Faraji handed over the child to Deputy Director of District Social Services Directorate Md. Waliullah and the newborn’s grandfather Mostafizur Rahman Bablu. According to the wishes of the family, the child was named Fatima Akhter and sent to Dhaka.
Mahmudul Hasan, Social Service Officer of Trishal Social Service Office, said, “We handed over the child to Jubilee Begum Banu, Deputy Superintendent of Azimpur Chhotamoni Nibas at 2.30 pm. According to the decision of the District Child Welfare Board, she has been kept here for a temporary period. At around 11 am, I and Mymensingh District Aunt Tahmina Akhtar Sapna of the government child family (girl), the child’s grandfather Mostafizur Rahman Bablu, the child’s sister Jannatul Ferdausi Jannat and a police officer along with three policemen left for Dhaka with the newborn and arrived there at 2:30 pm and handed over. Mymensingh Medical College Hospital Deputy Director Wayez Uddin Faraji, Hospital Associate Professor (Child and Neonatal) Dr. Nazrul Islam, Deputy Director of District Social Services Directorate. Waliullah took the newborn in the car and said goodbye.
Mymensingh District Social Services Department Deputy Director Md. Waliullah said, ‘As per the decision of the Child Welfare Board, the newborn has been sent to Dhaka Azimpur Chhota Moni Shishu Nibas. The newborn will be cared for under full government supervision. We will keep track of the child as much as possible.
The grandfather of the newborn child, Mostafizur Rahman Bablu, said, “We decided to name this orphaned child Fatima Akhter.” Deputy Commissioner of Mymensingh Md. Enamul Haque and all the committee members named ‘Fatema Aktar’ we are happy. With my consent the administration sent Fatema to Azimpur Chhota Moni Nibas. They said that if I want to see my grandson I can visit her anytime. I went with another grandson Jannat. He also said, I have been assured by the district administration that a half building with two rooms will be provided for us to stay and the education of the other two children, Jannat and Abdullah, will be provided. We are very happy with it. Grandfather Mostafizur Rahman Bablu burst into tears after leaving his grandson in Dhaka.
Mymensingh Medical College Hospital Associate Professor (Child and Neonatal) Dr. Md. Nazrul Islam said, We formed a medical board with 5 doctors of Mymensingh Medical College Hospital and treated the newborn for 12 days. Although the child’s jaundice and breathing problems are completely fine, it may take up to two weeks for the fracture in the neck and right arm to heal.
Trishal Upazila Nirbahi Officer Md. Aktaruzzaman said, “We have given all kinds of support to the child’s family. I myself went to the house and bought food and clothes for the two orphan children. An account has been made in Trishal Sonali Bank for the newborn. It will be managed by the Upazila Nirbahi Officer, Trishal and Daughter’s grandfather Mostafizur Rahman Bablu. Four and a half lakh taka has been deposited in this account till last Thursday.
After noon on July 16, Jahangir Alam (40) of Raimoni village in Mathbari union of the upazila came to the upazila health complex for checkup with his common-law wife Ratna Akhtar (30) and to undergo ultrasonography at a private diagnostic center when the husband and wife were hit by a truck while crossing Dhaka-Mymensingh highway. Daughter Sanjida Akhtar (6) lost her life. At that time, the pregnant Ratna Akhtar’s stomach burst and this newborn came out. Later, the newborn was under treatment at the private Labib Hospital in the city.
Labib Hospital Managing Director Md. Shahjahan and his staff treated him with great care. District Administrator Enamul Haque attended and searched for the child and when his condition deteriorated there, he was admitted to the NICU of Mymensingh Medical College Hospital on the night of July 18. He was diagnosed with jaundice, neck and right arm fracture. A five-member medical board was formed on Tuesday (July 19) and the child was treated at the hospital and after recovery was sent to Chhotamoni Nivas. Notably, the grandfather and grandmother of newborn Fatema are both disabled and their two sons died in a road accident. There is no one in this family now. Deceased Jahangir used to work as a labor leader in Akiz Particle Board.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here